20 November 2006

Playtex Coolster Tumblers

Ok, I am sort of a dork when it comes to the silly little things that perk my interest and put a smile on my face but the new Playtex "sippy" cup did just that this past weekend. This is a new kind of sippy cup for the older toddler set. I saw it while in Babies-r-Us, buying a new Carseat (a booster! very excited about that as well...I smell another post coming...)

The Coolster (ok, that is a poor name, I should have been consulted) is a sophisticated and "adult" version of the popular sippy/straw cup. It looks and acts much like an adult travel coffee mug and should be ideal for any 2-4 year old. It remains as spillproof as any other Playtex sippy product, employing the same one piece valve in the lid, and keeps beverages cool longer (hence the name). The price is comparable to other toddler cups: $8 for a 2 pack.

The colors are also terrific, with a metallic sheen to the purple (and with little white flowers), green and blue (sports theme). No animated character infiltration either - which is a big plus!

Jeff

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

according the the NHTSA and the AAP (American Association of Pediatrics), as well as CHOP, a booster should only be used when a child is 40 lbs AND 4 years old. You are otherwise putting your child at risk.
http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=77974

Anonymous said...

http://www.boosterseat.gov/#

Jeff - OWTK said...

Thanks for the website info, although I do not know who you are. I need to go back and check the literature that came with the booster. The outside of the box spoke of 30lbs and 36 inch - my daughter is slightly over both (I am tall and so is she) - which is why we decided to buy it. I remember the American Assoc. of Pediatrics being quoted/referenced in there as well...

Anonymous said...

it is not so much as height
as it is age and weight. I
am a registered car seat technician with NHTSA (national highway transportation safety administration. We see this all the time. Booster seats being used wrong. The manufacturers tend to push them too soon. Age has a big part of it. Otherwise would you put a 1 year old that is large in one of these? Of course not! Just be careful, and also talk to your own pediatrician and see what they recomend, they know your child the best.