04 May 2007

Quickie Thoughts at the End of the Week

  • World's Fair, my tee shirt and gift shop, was recently able to donate $108.50 to Susan Komen for the Cure. The donation was for sales of my breast cancer survivor/fighter gear (specifically the I Fight Like A Girl and One Tough Chick lines) during the 4th quarter 2006. I will be calculating 1st quarter 2007 shortly - the donation amount should be similar, if not better! Needless to say, I am very excited about the chance to give back to such a worthy cause. Thanks to all those who picked up one of these items!
  • Speaking of exciting, Farmer's Market season officially opens tomorrow! We three are ready to resume our Saturday morning routine of playground, grower's market and then soft pretzel store.
  • My interview with Morgan Taylor, band leader & creator of Gustafer Yellowgold, will be posted on Out With The Kids this coming Monday, 5/7/07. It is the first interview in OWTK history, but certainly not the last. In fact, coming up later this month will be an interview with Deb Luster, founder and president of the wonderful kids' nutrition/energy bar company Can Do Kid.

1 comment:

landismom said...

Oh, our farmer's market opens tomorrow too. I can't wait!