13 April 2009

I'll Always Love You Harry

Harry Kalas, you are the man.

Your the primary reason I love baseball and, more specifically, baseball on the AM dial so very much. At the start of every season I reminisce all those hours spent in my bedroom as a child listening to your beautiful voice. You taught me so much about the game of baseball. This is a tremendously sad day for Phillies fans everywhere. I'm so happy you got to see your Phillies win the World Series and, more importantly, call the final out - a moment that will live forever in the hearts, minds and ears of Philly fans young and old. I knew the day would come, but I wanted more than anything to have the Bear and the Mouse grow up with your voice just a little bit more.

RIP Harry the K.




**If you're new to OWTK, welcome. Please join the OWTK Facebook page or bookmark this site.

No comments: