12 July 2008

Cathy & Marcy's Song Shop Kid's Music Podcast

I love podcasts. They may just be my favorite thing about the Internet. I subscribe to several (This American Life, Spare the Rock and ESPN's Mike & Mike in the Morning to name a few) and I love to peruse the iTunes podcast menu every month or so. Thanks to the nature of this here blog, I'm always on the look out for kiddie rock podcasts and anything else topical in the world of children's music and/or parenting.

As many podcast options as there are in the world it seems as if there aren't too many in the original-non-corporate-shrill kid's music category. However, I recently came across a new one that is quite good. It's Cathy and Marcy's Song Shop video podcast. Cathy and Marcy are Grammy award winning children's artists who play fun bluegrassy/Americana tunes that your younger kids will adore. Check out their first podcast here featuring the tune "Better When We Sing It Together" and if you and your kids dig it consider subscribing to the Song Shop podcast on iTunes (just search "Cathy and Marcy" in the iTunes music store) and receive all future installments as soon as they are produced and published.

No comments: