2008 was by all personal accounts, the greatest year of my life. I have more to be thankful for than at any point in my nearly 33 years on this planet. With all the strife, misfortune and economic hardship so many have and are continuing to experience both nationally and across the globe I am trying awfully hard not to take any of my own happiness for granted.
- My favorite professional hockey team, the Detroit Red Wings, won the Stanley Cup over the Summer. It was their 4th championship since I became a fan in 1989.
- My hometown (and favorite) baseball club, the Philadelphia Phillies, Phinallie ended their 28 year World Series drought.
- My Fantasy Football team won the league championship (my 2nd in the 8 year history of the league).
- My candidate, Barack Obama, won the presidency.
- I abandoned corporate America to be a Stay At Home Dad, to write OWTK and to work on ye olde T-Shirt Shop.
- My 4.75 year old is reading, tying her own shoes, showering by herself, is an amazing big sister and one hell of a daughter.
- My 18 month old is hilarious, adorable and is saying new words everyday.
- I'm (still) happily married to a beautiful, smart and vibrant young lady.
- My family has been privileged enough to see numerous live musical performances this year by Justin Roberts, Randy Kaplan, Ellis Paul, Gustafer Yellowgold, Brady Rymer, Bill Harley, Recess Monkey and Hayes Greenfield among others. And most recently we got to see the perfect off-Broadway kid's show - Dear Edwina.
I wish tremendous happiness, peace and joy to each and every one of you.
Thank you for reading OWTK this year.